- How do you pronounce farmer?
- How much is a moment in time?
- What does at this time mean?
- How do you use at the moment?
- What is the meaning of bottom line?
- How do you use spur of the moment in a sentence?
- What is the meaning of moment?
- What is the meaning of movement?
- What can I say instead of nowadays?
- How do you say moment in English?
- What’s a word for spur of the moment?
- What is the opposite word of quarantine?
- What is another word for current?
- What is the meaning of red herring?
- What does a moment in time mean?
- What are the two meanings of current?
- What is a word for in the moment?
- What does not at this moment mean?
How do you pronounce farmer?
Pronunciation(General American) IPA: /fɑɹmɚ/ Audio (US) (file)(Received Pronunciation) IPA: /fɑːmə/ Audio (UK) (file)Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)mə(ɹ)Hyphenation: farm‧er..
How much is a moment in time?
Although the length of a moment in modern seconds was therefore not fixed, on average, a moment corresponded to 90 seconds. A solar day can be divided into 24 hours of either equal or unequal lengths, the former being called natural or equinoctial, and the latter artificial.
What does at this time mean?
1. used for talking about what exists now, usually when it may be different in the future. We have no more information available at this time. Synonyms and related words. +
How do you use at the moment?
At-the-moment sentence examplesThat was the only thing that mattered at the moment. … She wasn’t too proud of herself at the moment. … Destiny didn’t need her at the moment. … No, I wanted to talk to you, but I was with a sick friend at the moment.More items…
What is the meaning of bottom line?
earnings per shareThe bottom line refers to a company’s earnings, profit, net income, or earnings per share (EPS). The reference to bottom line describes the relative location of the net income figure on a company’s income statement.
How do you use spur of the moment in a sentence?
On the spur of the moment you pick up the suitcases, put them in your trunk, and drive off. On the spur of the moment he picked up the phone and dialed Cece Baldwin, a number he now had committed to memory from the many unsuccessful times he’d made the call. On the spur of the moment he telephoned her.
What is the meaning of moment?
moment (noun) A brief, unspecified amount of time. Wait a moment, while I lock the front door. moment (noun) The smallest portion of time; an instant.
What is the meaning of movement?
English Language Learners Definition of movement : the act or process of moving people or things from one place or position to another. : the act of moving from one place or position to another. : the act of moving your body or a part of your body.
What can I say instead of nowadays?
How do you say moment in English?
PronunciationIPA: /moːˈmɛnt/Audio. (file)Hyphenation: mo‧ment.Rhymes: -ɛnt.
What’s a word for spur of the moment?
What is another word for spur-of-the-moment?spontaneousimprovisationaloffhandunplannedunpremeditatedextemporaneousextemporaryextemporeoffhandedsnap73 more rows
What is the opposite word of quarantine?
Opposite of the state of being secluded or shut out, as from company, society, the world, etc. “As you center your attention on me, I come to you.”…What is the opposite of quarantine?dischargereleaselibertyaidassistancehelp2 more rows
What is another word for current?
What is another word for current?contemporarymodernpresentpresent-dayongoingtopicalhappeningnowup-to-daterecent74 more rows
What is the meaning of red herring?
A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important question. It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences toward a false conclusion.
What does a moment in time mean?
1. used for emphasizing that you are talking about the present time or situation. At this particular moment in time it is difficult for us to raise money. Synonyms and related words. +
What are the two meanings of current?
Definition of current (Entry 2 of 2) 1a : the part of a fluid body (such as air or water) moving continuously in a certain direction. b : the swiftest part of a stream. c : a tidal or nontidal movement of lake or ocean water. d : flow marked by force or strength.
What is a word for in the moment?
Synonyms for in a moment at once. in a trice. in a wink. in an instance. momentarily.
What does not at this moment mean?
When a men say not at the moment, it means he have something in his mind which either he wants to resolve or he may wants to discuss about something with you first. It is also a general practice to deny something for which a person is not ready at the point if time.